Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Venue Woes

What a day… While I usually check my email on the bus ride to work (thank goodness for my iPad and 3G coverage) I thought I would take a sneak peek this morning after I checked the weather for today – you never know with Seattle.
Sitting in my inbox so innocently was an email from the facilitator at our wedding venue.
Greetings to all of our event clients!

Many of you may have heard about recent discussions between local valley residents, the towns of North Bend and Snoqualmie and King County regulators regarding noise ordinances. Noise pollution is high on their list of concerns. In order to comply with official recommendations, we are making necessary changes to our music guidelines. This summer's events must have the loud dance music turned off by 9 pm. Low volume background music such as in a restaurant can be played until 10pm.

Please contact us if you have any questions. We appreciate your cooperation.

Hope all is going well and see you soon!

Well, this will just not do. I whispered a few expletives. That woke T. and thus began the drama that would consume the next 7 hours.
The end result was fine… they called the Sheriff and confirmed that 10:00p is just fine (county code) and that in the case of any issues the Sheriff would go to their house and not interrupt our party. But all of that came after my day was ruined along with my mascara.
Now I’ll just have to backtrack on that freaked out email I sent to the staff of my county councilmember.
Until next time…

No comments: