I'm a sucker for sweets... I don't really pick and choose. If it's dessert then most likely I'll love it. However, every so often something comes along that is so perfect, so delicious and so loveable that it requires special attention. Last week I experienced it!
Last week I got together with my sorority advisory board and at the end of our "meeting" (over wine and chinese food) my friend Crystal pops these little mason jars out of her purse. She's starting her own business and asked each of us to sample her "cupcake in a jar." Yes - I'm in!
I resisted temptation and left the cute little jar untouched until I got home to share it with Taylor. We each had a few bites (we're eating healthy!) and just fell in love. The rest went into the fridge for another sweet moment (which I had the next day). The jar held a perfect balance of cake and fluffy, sweet frosting. Personally, most traditional cupcakes leave me wanting for frosting. I want more... I want frosting in every bite and that is seldom possible. The layers of cake and frosting in the jar were perfection. I'm in love...
I think these little jars would be amazing wedding favors, bachelorette/shower favors or even any occasion (holiday party, baby shower, birthday present!). Taylor and I have been coming up with ideas just so we have an excuse to get them for people (and ourselves).
You can check out Crystal's creations here: http://crystalcakes.weebly.com/
Relocated
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment