Taylor and I decided to serve barbeque at our wedding... we tried some sample proteins back in May and it is de-lish. The menu was the easy part - it's the wine to pair with it that is stumping me.
We have a delightful meal of beef BBQ ribs, beef brisket and BBQ chicken. Sides are corn o'brian, grilled asparagus, salad, grilled red potatoes and some lovely rolls (mmm, carbs). The beer is taken care of: pale ale, IPA, amber, IPA (are you sensing a pattern?). My big hurdle now? What wine to serve?
Champagne is a given because it is a wedding. I am just not sure what wines will match up to this amazing, but very bold, flavorful food. Websites offer some advice, but then they say to basically just choose wine you like. We aren't regular BBQ eaters so I haven't been able to explore my options and see what strong whites and bold reds match up the best.
StarChefs.com recommends Zinfandel, Syrah and Cabernet. For whites they say Sauvingnon Blanc and dry Rose.
Does anyone have any recommendations? I would love some examples of good labels for BBQ.
Relocated
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment